Monday, June 11, 2007

In short, while in my shorts.

So to finalize my Subaru story, my car wasnt done as promised, again, they ran out of time, they will have it done in the morning. So mid-day I'm on the phone to see if I cant be shown my "twisted axles" while my car is up on the rack. Kevin says he is too busy with work to have a rack free to put up my car and show me. I ask about the bulletin that Rick of Subaru of America told me was out about the axles twisting and he isnt aware of one, so I ask him to look it up. He said last he knew they status on my car was it was being put back together. I ask if I came down now if i could see it while its up on the rack. Sure. I told him to find out about the bulletin if he would. Sure.

I tell my wife to get ready and get my 3 month old son ready. We rush down and arrive at Fort Wayne Acura/Subaru and Kevin tells us its being washed, He found out it was down when he talked to me and they were out test driving it. I asked if it was possible to be shown the axles, he said "my techs are unwilling to help you since you bad-mouthed us to other dealerships". He didnt look up the bulletin either.

I went to wait in the lobby and made a call into Subaru of America and talked to Rick. He recommended I talk to the service manager Ivan since I was there because they were unwilling to help me find out the information I needed about my car. It was then I felt that Rick was getting tired of hearing from me and more and more unwilling to continue to help me.

I went back and asked if Ivan was around, nope, he's in Chicago till monday. I asked about the bulletin and he then tried to look it up, no idea. Another gentleman came from the garage and Kevin asked if he knew where it was, He did and went to print it out. They couldnt print it out at the service desk so they had to print it off in the garage. They got it to me as well as a general bulletin about modifications and then one last peice of advice, "you dont need to goto a racetrack to abuse/race the car, you can do it out here in the parking lot".

I was already late for a meeting and rushed back home, later I was able to look over the car, I took a look at the coolant and noticed it was "black as sin" so I took a look over the paperwork they mailed me about what was done to my car. I saw what looked like an oil change and replacement of a coolant hose but nothing about the coolant itself. I dreaded the idea but called back into Kevin at Subaru. I went over my thoughts with Kevin. Since they had already told me before that metal shavings were found in the oil, from the turbine grinding on the housing, I told him that it would make sense to me that a failed turbo fed by both oil and coolant could have cross-contaminated oil and coolant. I asked if he understood and thought so, he did, so when I told him the condition of the coolant he said "well if its black you should change it" I then asked if I brought it in would they do that. He told me that he was told not to take my car in anymore.

So Kevin tells me I'm banned from Fort Wayne Acura/Subaru. I get Rick back on the phone and go over the problem, I explain what I did with Kevin as well as his response and Rick said their isnt anything that he could do if they refuse to service the vehicle, he then goes on to talk about how they maybe shouldnt have fixed my turbo in the first place. He tells me about their findings online (NASIOC.com) and comments I made referencing E85. He also tells me the dealership found time-slip and E85 receipts in the car and photographed them and sent them in to Subaru of America. He then mentions a message I sent to Tom Wood Subaru in Indianapolis Indiana in which I inquired about having my car serviced there because I didnt want it done at Fort Wayne Subaru since my bad experience. It basically got to the point where Rick was trying to get rid of me and became very lets say anti-customer. He said that all the information they'd collected about me He was linking to my VIN so that if i tried to go to another dealer they would know everything. I told him if Subaru wants to do all that its fine but I want to put this one issue to bed and I'd gladly never deal with them again, I was told that it would be a case by case basis if another dealer would help me at all doing anything, since Rick representing Subaru of America blackballed me. He also stated that Ivan said he'd already talked to me about the axles and shown me the bulletins, I told him that I had no idea who Ivan was and no one ever showed me anything. The last thing I asked was if there was anyone I needed to contact about litigation, he told me to mail the Subaru Headquarters.

I decided I would file a complaint with the BBB about the invasion of my privacy when they decided to go through my personal things to find those "reciepts" then proceeded to photograph them and place them into their records for all their employees to see.

Its great, and late.

I'm avoiding boost like the plague, had my coolant flushed, and havent rev'd over 3,000 RPM since I got the car, what a fun exsistance it will be for now.

The finale to the saga shortly, Nite!

No comments: